Using your initiatives and the skills our team will teach you, can you take on the Survival Island? After an inspiring opening presentation based on a real life or death survival story, teams are equipped with basic materials and equipment. Teams are then faced with a series of survival scenarios, in which groups learn key skills before they take on the task ahead. Each survival task is designed to involve every team member. Using what nature has to offer, teams must draw upon resourcefulness and ingenuity, whilst applying the core skills of teamwork.
Survival Island Zones Include:
- Fire Lighting – Fire creates a sense of warmth and morale. Can you create a fire from basic materials including a battery and wire wool?
- Shelter Building – An essential part of survival is keeping safe from the elements. Can your team build a shelter capable of keeping you safe and dry?
- Stretcher Rescue – A member of your team has a leg injury and needs to be stretchered to a safe places for helicopter rescue. With only what you have available, are you able to administer first aid and build a capable makeshift stretcher?
- Knot Tying – Knots are a must-have skill for survival. We’ll teach you how to tie the most important, including a reef knot, bowline, clove hitch and alpine butterfly.
- Water – Your only available water is contaminated. Learn how to create a water filter from just sand, gravel, and charcoal.
Teams will compete head to head at each stance, all hosted by our expert survival instructors. Points are awarded after each zone dependent on performance and survival teamwork. vAs you progress through the training zones, teams build their skills ready to become the ultimate survivalists. The entire event is a fun inspirational experience, where teams learn amazing new skills of survival, bush craft and the great outdoors.