Gift giving within organisations is a practice that has been around for decades, whether it be a birthday present, a bunch of get-well-soon flowers or even something to say thank you to key clients. However, in recent years, more importance has been placed on corporate gifting than ever before. Organisations have grown rather savvy to what makes them money and what doesn’t; it goes beyond a good salary and work/life balance in this modern day. Gifting employees is a way of recognising their achievements, which in turn can increase their productivity, boost morale and can even help to attract and retain talent.
How to master Corporate Gifting…
It’s wise to remember that corporate gifts are a tangible representation of what your company stands for. You definitely don’t want to give the wrong impression to your employees so there are lots of things to factor in and challenges to overcome. Take a look at our top 5 tips:
- Think very carefully about the product you are gifting, it’s important to keep things work appropriate and banish any type of negative connotations. If you’re aiming to show just how much you appreciate the recipient, think about the value and contents of the gift and how this could translate to them. Ultimately, you want your employees to feel elated and motivated by what they’ve been given so before purchasing, make sure to ask yourself how you would feel if you were on the receiving end?
- Research the origin of the gifts when selecting them as each item you intend to give must align with your beliefs and values, both company-wide and personal. If you give your staff products that are detrimental to the environment or were produced through cruel animal-testing, these practices start to get associated with your brand. Shopping from local and small businesses is also a great way to show what your organisation believes in, your employees will be able to see that you care about the local economy, local jobs and the environment!
- Don’t overbrand! Do try your best to refrain from slapping your logo or company name across whatever item you intend to give, unless of course you have a good reason to. While everyone enjoys seeing their logo on products, it doesn’t mean everyone appreciates it. After all, if you have selected an awesome gift that will make a great impression, there is simply no need to put your logo on it, the recipient will remember you by the gift itself.
- Make it personal. Your employees are bound to feel move valued and appreciated if their gift comes with a personalised message or even a handwritten card from the manager, team leader or even CEO. When sending a lot of gifts this can be time-consuming, however lots of gifting companies typically provide this service as standard now so you can simply provide a list of names and they’ll do the rest!
- Good presentation will go a long way, like a really long way. There is nothing worse than being handed a birthday present without a giftbag or scrap of wrapping paper, could any less effort have been put in? Well the same applies to corporate gifting, probably even more so. You don’t want to come across as cheap or tacky, so carefully consider the best way to present your gifts. We always think a good place to start is eco-friendly or recycled materials with a pretty reusable ribbon… but that’s just us!
It’s also worth keeping in mind that you won’t always get it right. After all, gifts are subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Finding a trustworthy vendor is probably a good place to start, it’s important that you can speak freely with them about your wants and needs and then they can guide you in the right direction to (hopefully) avoid any mistakes! We’ve got some awesome corporate gifting partners listed on our website if you are in the market, just drop us a message and we can book in a preliminary Zoom call to discuss in more detail.
Our team can be reached daily on 01235 634744 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.