When it comes to ‘lockdown projects’ it’s safe to say, The Champagne Fire Truck is definitely unique! While the events industry, like the rest of the world, ground to a halt due to Covid-19, the team behind this exciting concept ploughed ahead with their ‘little’ project – restoring and converting a vintage 1972 British Leyland AEC Fire Engine into a stunning Champagne bar.
The Fire Truck itself forms the eye-catching backdrop to the serving bar, which is framed by a gazebo – formed out of ladders and sheltered by a stunning red canopy. Authentic French Oak riddling racks from a saw mill in the heart of Champagne create thhe intriguing bar front, while the top of the water tank is one of many repurposed elements of the original fire engine – now forming the top of the bar.
The orignal water pump valves now serve as iPad holders for the till points. Vintage breathing apparatus and yellow ex-fire brigade helmets adorn the bar, with festoon lights providing a warm, ambient glow. In the Fire Truck’s side lockers – once home to hose reels and kit, redundant fire extinguishers with a bottle-shaped aperture, displau the Champagne Fire Truck’s finest vintages, while fridges keep the Champagne at the perfect serving temperature.
The controls for the blue lights, sirens and bell have been moved from the cab into a locker, this means they can be operated from behind the bar and create spontaneous moments of fun! The bell has also been moved from the roof to the smaller, middle locker and the pump throttle leaver has been repurposed to activate it – ‘ring for Champagne’ has taken on a whole new meaning!
Champagne Fire Truck can assist events in several ways:
- the bar is 4m wide, can be reduced from 4 to 3 till points to aid social distancing should guidelines require, making the bar future proof for any changes
- we can conservetly serve over 2000 bottles of standard champagne in a 7-8hr period
- is hugely Instagramable – ‘Ring bell for champagne’ has taken on a whole new meaning
- Organisers would be sharing Champagne Fire Truck to the events industry – giving guests the experience of saying they were there first
- Should event guests happen to miss the bar, the vintage sirens and bell will attract guests from across the entire event. The blue lights acting as further beacons to where we are located.